Housing Opportunity Programs
CCAR´s Housing Opportunity Committee has organized the following links as a resource for many of Contra Costa´s City programs. The Housing Opportunity´s mission is to facilitate the planning, development, financing availability, and promotion of Housing Opportunities in Central Contra Costa County; educating and working with REALTORS® and key decision makers to meet our goals and objectives.
City of Brentwood
City of Brentwood
- The City of Brentwood has many options available for Housing Assistance. Down payment assistance programs, however, are limited at this time to income qualified buyers. Because of the changes in Redevelopment funds that are affecting most cities, there is a waitlist that is in effect.
- The City of Concord offers assistance to first-time home buyers. $40,000 is still available for this fiscal year. This program is for the first-time buyer only, Maximum 20% of the sales Price up to $40,000. The minimum is 3% investment from the buyers own funds. Shared appreciation with a Maximum of 15 year term. This can be layered with other DAP's (i.e. CHDAP. HUD median income limits based on family size. Please note other Restrictions apply.
- There are no funds at this time for the City assisted purchase transactions at this time. The City has programs in place for rental assistance.
- The City of Walnut Creek allocates about $300,000 per year toward First-Time Home buyer down payment assistance. Funds are available from July 1 to June 30. Renewal is every July 1. Maximum loan amount is $65,000 or 17% of the purchase price of the home. Funds are for the first-time buyers of up to 120% Area Median Income.
- The California Association of REALTORS® Finance Helpline is a FREE C.A.R. member benefit, providing both answers and assistance in moving your stalled transactions forward. The Finance Helpline provides you with invaluable one-on-one assistance with short sales, funding, REOs, deeds in lieu, and other financing questions or issues.